Projection delay of live output

Share what has worked well for you.
PLEASE LOGIN TO READ AND REPLY TO POSTS

Please log in to reply to this post

rogpollard@blueyonder.co.uk

Projection delay of live output

Postby rogpollard@blueyonder.co.uk » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:37 am

I have been trying to set-up live projection through EW6 adding the camera as a feed but there is a small delay between the live action and seeing it projected on the screen. I am using a sony (cheap) handycam to test things with 1050i hd output into blackmagic intensity shuttle usb 3 on a high end laptop with nvidia gtx950M. Any advice please as to how to eliminate the delay or what I gather is called latency? Baildon Methodist Church

Terry
Support

Re: Projection delay of live output

Postby Terry » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:36 am

Hi!

You will want to make sure that all you drivers are up to date and then you may need to lower the camera resolution.
Terry Stout
EasyWorship Support
www.easyworship.com

alvinbev23@gmail.com

Re: Projection delay of live output

Postby alvinbev23@gmail.com » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:44 pm

If you start up a video camera, open the side screen then wave your hand up and down on front of the camera, you will notice a significant delay in the cameras picture. SO, of there is such a delay actually In the camera, there is not much you can do about it. I have also noticed significant delay in TV news/weather broadcasts where you sometimes can see screens in the background, of the same main picture you are watching.

I have used EW capture many times and in many venues and discovered that depending on the equipment in use, that internal camera delay can be increased or unchanged. Many times I have run live capture in a 9 day seminars with almost unnoticeable on screen delay and other times a huge delay - all depending on the mixer and other gear in use at that time.

I noticed too that you are using a Sony Handicam with 1080i resolution. That camera, as do mine, gives out an interlaced HDMI signal. (I have 5 Sony's feeding into mixing software for video recording church programs. That software though de-interlaces the signal). Interlacing will show artefacts on screen, or what I term "speed lines' behind every fast movement - like a hand waving, or a "high speed preacher". The faster the movement the worse the effect. EW does not de-interlace a video signal.
To solve that issue I purchased, off eBay, an HDMI scaler. This small device will accept an interlaced signal and output a progressive signal. That removes those nasty "speed lines" as mentioned above.