NDI output and system configuration

Share what has worked well for you.
PLEASE LOGIN TO READ AND REPLY TO POSTS

Please log in to reply to this post

soundbooth@eastvancouvercommunitychurch.com

NDI output and system configuration

Postby soundbooth@eastvancouvercommunitychurch.com » Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:04 am

I am new to sorting this all out. Currently in this pandemic situation we are only LiveStreaming, which I have running just fine.

I have EasyWorship running on one computer connected via NDI output to the computer that I am LiveStreaming from. What I want to know...can I connect a TV to the network and have the NDI output from EasyWorship also show on that TV?

I did connect the TV to the network and I see that my desktop that is running EasyWorship is kinda showing up on the TV but EasyWorship is not showing it's live output even though I extended the desktop to that monitor.

Like I said, I am new to this and so I am very unknowlegable of how things connect.

My second concern at this point is:
After the pandemic subsides and we return to regular church services I need to be able to have EasyWorship connect to my LiveStream system and to our monitors in the sanctuary...I have yet to decide the best way to do that. We had it set up for EasyWorship to project to the 3 sanctuary monitors with an HDMI connection but that doesn't allow me to also send an NDI stream to the computer that is running our LiveStream. So, if you have any thoughts of how I can reconfigure this set up, I'd love to hear them and please explain what things mean as you go! I have thought about purchasing a controller but not sure if that will do what I want.

Thank you all,
Rebecca

jtozer12@gmail.com

Re: NDI output and system configuration

Postby jtozer12@gmail.com » Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:38 pm

Rebecca's 2nd concern is a concern of ours as well. Now that we are live streaming with success there will be no going back after this is over. Having multiple outputs sure would be great.

Jason

nseasyworship@nathansutcliffe.net

Re: NDI output and system configuration

Postby nseasyworship@nathansutcliffe.net » Wed May 06, 2020 3:15 pm

I think I have the same question. I've seen the videos on how to configure "lower thirds" text for the live stream, but how can we simultaneously also have the full-screen text with background images go to the projector?

Would it be reasonable to capture the "foldback" display into OBS studio, mask out the extra foldback stuff, apply filters and then composite that on the live feed in OBS?

- Nathan