Upgrade 2009 1.4 to 1.9 Procedure?

Technical/General Questions and Answers about EasyWorship 2009

Moderators: Fred, Rodger, EricH, EasyWorship, Terry, DanW

chrismb

Upgrade 2009 1.4 to 1.9 Procedure?

Postby chrismb » Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:42 am

Hi Guys,

On all our machines we’re currently running EasyWorship 2009 build 1.4, as that was the latest available when I installed them. Now build 1.9 is available, and I’d like to upgrade them.

What’s the upgrade procedure? I’ve got the current version running exactly as I want it, so I’d like 1.9 to just continue from that rather than needing setting up from scratch!
Is there an upgrade patch? Or is the only way to uninstall 1.4 and install 1.9?

As-well as preserving the settings, I’d like to avoid what happened when upgrading from EasyWorship 2007…..
When I upgraded from 2007 to 2009 I encountered an annoying problem on my home PC. It had previously had 2007 installed on it, and when 2009 was installed it didn’t give me the option of using it as an evaluation for 30days or to type in my license key. It locked out and gave me a toll-free number to phone with a challenge code. As a toll-free number wouldn’t be toll free from this side of the Atlantic :( I emailed EasyWorship support who came back with the challenge response (I made sure that EasyWorship was kept running whilst I waited, as each time it was opened the challenge code changed).
I did not encounter this problem on the projection PC at church – EasyWorship 2009 installed fine and gave me the option to use as a 30day evaluation or to type in my license key.
The thing that I can think is different between the two PCs is that the church PC had never had 2007 installed on it’s current installation of Windows (I’d re-formatted the hard-drive from it’s Vista & EasyWorship 2007 installation to upgrade it to Windows 7 & EasyWorship 2009). Whereas my home PC I didn’t reformat as I already had Windows 7….. thus making me think that something went wrong with my uninstallation of EasyWorship 2007.
Whatever it was that went wrong with my uninstallation of 2007, I’d like to avoid it happening when upgrading from 1.4 to 1.9.

Cheers,

Rodger
Support

Re: Upgrade 2009 1.4 to 1.9 Procedure?

Postby Rodger » Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:58 am

The procedure for updating from 1.4 to 1.9 is download and install. There is nothing special you need to do . Your database and settings will be in place when you open it. You may want to reboot the computer before updating it, but that's it.
“What comes into our minds when we think about God is the most important thing about us.”
― A.W. Tozer

UnexpectedCure

Re: Upgrade 2009 1.4 to 1.9 Procedure?

Postby UnexpectedCure » Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:25 pm

When I installed the upgraded version it was very seamless. I simply installed the .exe and it did everything for me. I didn't have to uninstall anything or re-enter our serial number or anything else... all preferences and files were exactly as I had set them. Other than fixing a few bugs, it was exactly as I had left it the previous Sunday. Effortless.

Return to “EasyWorship 2009 General Discussion”