EasyWorship 7 Pricing & Licensing

Moderators: Fred, Terry, DanW, Rodger, EricH, EasyWorship

musicpastor1@gmail.com

Re: EasyWorship 7 Pricing & Licensing

Postby musicpastor1@gmail.com » Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:29 am

Let me share my opinion,
I love Easy Worship. My church started getting EW since 2009 then upgraded to EW6. but what I am disappointed that there is not really a huge huge differences between EW6 then Ew7. just so you know i did my studying for EW7. but anyways Yall really trying to get more money from us then just updating what you have out thats still current (Ew6) . I would love to go to Ew7 but I really don't feel the need because Ew6 does everything perfectly, yeah you changed a few stuff but why neglect Ew6 and telling everyone to go to Ew7 just because its new and have some new added features. Apple still keeps with older devices like Iphone 6s and not neglect it just because they came out with Iphone X. I'm just saying you could have just updated what you have thats still current. I can understand Ew 2009 but EW6? Really??

Rodger
Support

Postby Rodger » Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:09 pm

Hi,
Thank you for the honest feedback.
Keep in mind that we will continue to support version 6 with critical bug fixes. If you don't feel that EasyWorship 7 has enough features to warrant paying for an upgrade or signing up for subscription, you are free to continuing using version 6. In the future if you see a feature you feel is worthy of upgrade, you can jump on subscription and take advantage of it immediately.
Jefftay has addressed your comments in a previous post. Here's the link.
https://forums.easyworship.com/viewtopi ... fc9#p53457
Rodger King
EasyWorship Support Team Lead

pastcain@gmail.com

Postby pastcain@gmail.com » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:41 am

It is not wise for a company not to listen to its users. Charging high prices for small updates and calling it a different version is unethical and unchristian. Then add the fact this same company is not willing to give us the features we really do need, such as, a search engine for the scriptures and an EasyWorship app for Android. I too feel like it is time for us to change software. I hate it is coming down to this action by EasyWorship is leaving us with no choice. When your company starts losing money, I hope this turns a light on and you change how you do business.

Rodger
Support

Postby Rodger » Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:06 pm

Hi Pastor Cain,

Thanks for the feedback. We appreciate it.

We are all believers here at EasyWorship, and we strive to make sure we look like Christ in everything we do.

While the updates in version 7 may not be major upgrades to you, I can assure you they were not minor updates, and they all required significant R & D to bring them to market. We added new features and bug fixes to version 6 for three years, and could not continue to do so without moving to a new version. We also had to move to a new version to allow for the subscription model to be implemented so smaller churches could have access to EW without the upfront cost of purchasing EW. As I stated in my previous post, you are not required to upgrade to version 7. You are more than welcome to stick with version 6 until you feel version 7 has enough of the features you want to warrant the upgrade. Then you can jump on the subscription and take advantage of the new features immediately.

EasyWorship already has a search option for scripture that allows you to search by any word or by reference, so I'm not sure what you are referencing regarding scripture search. Can you elaborate on that feature request, or post your request in detail on our feature request forum?
Here is a link to the video for searching scriptures.
http://training.easyworship.com/support ... 6000107081

An Android app is not out of the question, we just weren't able to get it into the same development cycle as the Apple app, and have not been able to allocate resources to develop an Android app yet. Give us some time to get it developed. I'm confident that you'll love it when it's available.

I've quoted Jeftay's comment regarding pricing below.

jeftay wrote:Actually we are trying to make it affordable for smaller churches. If we picked one plan, it would have started around $20-$24. The idea is that larger churches can afford it but smaller churches cannot. I guess it's just how you look at it.

We need to move to an SAS model at some point because as the market shrinks, support cost go up and revenue flat lines. The reason for this is that in 1999, no one had church projection software. Now everyone does and only new startup churches are purchasing software. On the other hand, every year there is turnover in the church with new volunteers and new OS upgrades that cause re-acurring support issues. So alot of times a church will buy EasyWorship and never upgrade but they still want full support and bug fixes. With the number of customer we have, this becomes un-sustainable. The cost for the level of support we offer can far exceed the purchase price of the product. It happens everyday.

The bottom line is if you can figure out a way that we can give you EasyWorship for free and stil produce a quality product, just let me know and I will. I am here to serve, this is our ministry but we have people to feed in our ministry, just like yours.

So... I would happy to here your feedback.
Rodger King

Wayne McHugh

Postby Wayne McHugh » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:02 pm

I appreciate all of Jeff's and Rodger's comments, as well as many of the user concerns. As an EW devotee/evangelist of many years, and an ex-software developer of many years, I've seen and appreciated the design & features of EW, the maturing of the product over the years, the maturing of the projection software market, the appearance of more competing products and all of that. It has also become more complex to keep up with the changes in Windows versions, range of graphics cards and such technical issues. And advanced users want high end features while basic users want the "easy" to stay in EW. Every small change has to work through the whole mature product, in every Windows version, with every graphics card and hardware configuration. All the while the EW team has to stay small to afford their existence (as Jeff said) as the market shrinks because of competition, and costs inevitably rise. What probably began as a missional experiment (my guess) has become a complex business struggling with market pressures but determined to remain missional. That is what I'm reading through all these posts. At the same time, another monthly bill for small churches is still another monthly bill, and there are already too many of them. I know users don't have to upgrade, but that doesn't help feed the EW team either. I've been in churches forever, and we have high tech desires and no budget. But the reality is we have to pay. If you can't then you'll have to find a lesser product to use. For me, I have to decide whether I trust the EW team when they tell me it's still a missional project working for the churches, but they need to do this to meet costs. And I do believe it, because it is consistent with what I've seen from them over these many years.
Wayne McHugh (Rev)
Uniting Church in Australia
Northside Mackay and Seaforth
B.App.Sc.-Comp., B.Th.

WheatonSDA

Postby WheatonSDA » Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:43 pm

I have 2 questions currently.

1. How many iOS remote devices can be paired with the main computer at one time?
2. Can multiple devices be placed in control mode or is it limited to 1 control device and multiple view only?

noelmoore@ntlworld.com

Postby noelmoore@ntlworld.com » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:26 pm

You say "With the added option of purchasing EasyWorship 7 via subscription, we're making our pricing work for your budget. Whatever your church and budget needs, we have a solution for you with our new pricing options."

I don't know about other churches but we budget in advance, based on historical expenditure. So we budgeted for our first purchase of EW 2009 @ £285 I think. Then in 2015 we upgraded to EW6 at I think £49. On that basis we might budget for an average outlay of £16 per year as opposed to £18 per month (less our 25% discount).

I haven't had a chance to look at the new product yet, and when I do I may well proceed - I'm just saying that being able to pay by subscription does not necessarily mean that your pricing works for our budget.

wallydog

Postby wallydog » Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:12 pm

Great to see the app, I hope it will bring some new volunteers to the a/v team that would not join if they had to be in the booth :D

A question on new features vs. Bug fixes.
If we buy licence I understand we will not get new features as released. Will bug fixes be delivered to licence owners (as opposed to subscribers) of v.7 ?

Pushead

Postby Pushead » Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:33 am

So, let me see if I have this correct - If I buy a single projector license, or a campus license, and not a subscription, I will get no new features until EW8 comes out - only bug fixes. For instance, when the Android App comes out, I would not get it, as that would be a feature, and not a bug fix - is that correct? Same goes for anything that is deemed a new feature?

I also would like to know how many iOS devices can be in view mode simultaneously.

Terry
Support

Postby Terry » Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:07 am

the APP will be a free product that will be available in the Google Play store and will be available to both subscriptions and one time purchase licenses. It is meant for people to run the worship service remotely, not for the congregation to preview the service
Terry Stout
EasyWorship Support
www.easyworship.com

Pushead

Postby Pushead » Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:32 pm

Terry wrote:the APP will be a free update and will be available to both subscriptions and one time purchase licenses.

So, somehow, the Android "server" feature that goes into the Windows app, that will be updated so non-subscription users can use this new "feature"? I'm not trying to be difficult here - I'm just trying to nail the jelly to the wall. We always do a non-subscription upgrade when it's available on all the software we purchase (MS Office, QuickBooks, etc.) We have to consider pricing, and based on the 3 year life that EW6 experienced, a church of our size will pay about $900 in subscription fees over the 3 year estimated life of EW7, where a single purchase would be $399, not including any discounts for being an existing customer. I have to justify the extra ~$500 over three years - see my quandary?

Also, everything I'm reading about the iOS app leads me to believe that an unlimited number of users can view the worship schedule on their iOS device - is that also the case?

Thanks for everything you guys do - EW is an awesome product.

smrbrts

Postby smrbrts » Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:10 pm

I just wanted to chime in with the dissatisfaction on the new pricing. Assuming my invoices online are correct and I'm doing the math properly, my church purchased EW in 2003 for $433 including a Bible version and used it 82 months ($5.28/month), upgraded to EW2009 for $99 and ran that version for 54 months ($1.83/month) and lastly upgraded to EW6 for $49 and have used it 38 months ($1.29/month). The new monthly fee of $18 less 25% for two years seems like too large a jump. You don't think $10/month would have been enough? Our average cost over the 174 months we've been using the product has been $3.34.

EW6 was not a painless upgrade. The hardware requirements required a new PC and frankly all we ever do is display lyrics, run an occasional video locally or from the web and that is about it. We found that the years of work we did to tweak line endings and get the lyrics to break the way we sing the lines was changed on lots of slides. We still cannot right click on a song in the schedule and select the option to edit just the copy in the program or to edit the one in the database. We've been using remote control of the machine for well over a year and it works fine.

I've been an advocate for this product for a long time, but I can't say the last upgrade was all that pleasant and the new pricing is not attractive at all.

Terry
Support

Postby Terry » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:31 am

The EasyWorship remote is meant to be used for controlling the schedule/service from a remote location, such as from the stage, without having to be at the computer this is running EasyWorship. It is not meant to be used as a preview of the services on the congregations’ devices.

The current version of EasyWorship is already capable of supporting an Android version of the remote so it will not be a “new” feature per say. Once the Android remote is done, the app will be available for free in the Google Play Store so therefore it will be available to both subscription and one time purchase licenses.
Terry Stout
EasyWorship Support
www.easyworship.com

Rodger
Support

Postby Rodger » Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:25 am

smrbrts wrote:I just wanted to chime in with the dissatisfaction on the new pricing. Assuming my invoices online are correct and I'm doing the math properly, my church purchased EW in 2003 for $433 including a Bible version and used it 82 months ($5.28/month), upgraded to EW2009 for $99 and ran that version for 54 months ($1.83/month) and lastly upgraded to EW6 for $49 and have used it 38 months ($1.29/month). The new monthly fee of $18 less 25% for two years seems like too large a jump. You don't think $10/month would have been enough? Our average cost over the 174 months we've been using the product has been $3.34.

I believe Jefftay answered the whys behind the price change. Please see his response. As he said, we would do this for free if someone could figure out how to do it and still provide the same quality software and support.

smrbrts wrote:EW6 was not a painless upgrade. The hardware requirements required a new PC and frankly all we ever do is display lyrics, run an occasional video locally or from the web and that is about it.

We designed EW to work on systems that are at industry standard and the recommended or High Def. specs for 2009 and a little lower. The industry standard for a computer's viability is 5-6 years. Knowing that churches tend to buy cheaper low end computers and keep them 10 years or more, we did our best to keep the specs low, however time marches on and in order to innovate, more powerful computers are needed to carry out the task that our customers are asking of the software.

smrbrts wrote:We found that the years of work we did to tweak line endings and get the lyrics to break the way we sing the lines was changed on lots of slides.

I do apologize for the trouble this has caused you. EasyWorship 2009 had flaws in how it was handling text formatting and many of them could not be overcome in the conversion process. The conversion process did have issues in early versions of 6, but those were rectified quickly.

smrbrts wrote:We still cannot right click on a song in the schedule and select the option to edit just the copy in the program or to edit the one in the database.

I'm not sure what you are referring to. The right click edit function in 6 and 7 are the same as 2009. In 2009 there is no option to right click on the song in the schedule and edit in database.
Screenshot 2018-03-27 11.15.59.png
Screenshot 2018-03-27 11.14.58.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rodger King

Return to “Announcements”