Background Video Locations for Song Themes

Technical/General Questions and Answers about EasyWorship 6
PLEASE LOGIN TO READ AND REPLY TO POSTS

Please log in to reply to this post

salacy@yahoo.com

Background Video Locations for Song Themes

Postby salacy@yahoo.com » Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:32 am

When I upgraded from EW 2009 to EW 6, the import feature automatically created song themes from the videos I was using as backgrounds in my songs. The videos stayed where they were originally (i.e. they were not imported to the "video" folder in the "Media" tab) but the imported song theme had videos. If I go to the inspector in any of those imported themes, it does not show the location of the videos. I don't know how those themes even work, but I am glad that they do.

When you create a new song theme, the videos must exist in the "video" folder in the "Media" tab. I don't care for this behavior because I have to lump those many background loop videos in with all the other videos (bumpers and announcements) that I might use in a service. This makes finding these videos very cumbersome.

Is there a way to put the background loop videos in a different folder so they won't be included with others I need for a given service? Or is there a way to change the default folder that the inspector looks in for background loop videos?

BTW, I have searched far and wide for any answer to this query but have found nothing.

rvadon

Re: Background Video Locations for Song Themes

Postby rvadon » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:03 am

You can do that by creating Collections. http://training.easyworship.com/support ... ollections

Rodger
Support

Postby Rodger » Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:34 pm

If the video or image background was converted from 2009 and the media item isn't in resources, it would have copied it to the shared media folder that is not visible in the media area. Here is an example of where it might be on the hard drive. C:\Users\Public\Documents\Softouch\Easyworship\Default\Resources\SharedMedia
Rodger King
EasyWorship Support Team Lead

rvadon

Postby rvadon » Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:36 pm

These really shouldn't have been moved around like that. They worked just find in the folder hierarchy that people had them in to begin with. Moving them like this just made a lot more work for users for no good reason.

Rodger
Support

Postby Rodger » Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:32 pm

Nothing was moved, if it was a media item that wasn't already in resources, it copied it to that folder. The reason being is that we had calls and emails too many to count where people lost the functionality of their backgrounds because they moved the file or deleted it. This ensures the background is going to work. Some of the files only existed in the Database a blob objects, so they weren't in any folder.
Rodger King
EasyWorship Support Team Lead

rvadon

Postby rvadon » Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:39 pm

I was mainly referring to shoving all of the videos in one central location under Media in EW forcing us to re-organize them into collections when they were already in collections in the first place. There was absolutely no legitimate reason for EW to do that as it took the Easy out of EasyWorship. That's why I (and several other of our users) still use 2009 unless someone made a presentation in EW7 instead of using a PowerPoint.